18 May 2006

wow. hello. hi. Here I am.

I have been scarce as of late, because I was finishing my fourth and final semester at the Adcenter. It's been insanely hectic, and I've stayed up all night a few times. I finished my portfolio and survived portfolio review.

Here is my portfolio (I handed that one in, so I have to make an entirely new one now).



Here is a snapshot of what I had to bring to portfolio review (I also brought several bound documents, some data CDs and a laptop to show my Kodak video brief).



I wrote soul-bearing entries on my Myspace blog about both experiences. I am a little emotionally drained, to say the least.

hm, what else is going on. For a while, there was a large possibility that I would be moving to London, but that is not the case now, for reasons I will not go into. But, during the three months when I was considering it, I began to really notice the differences between the two cultures. It's fascinating. For instance, I always knew that tea was the thing to drink in the UK, but didn't know that coffee was so scarce. I guess being bombarded by coffee shops on every corner in Richmond and New York, and the global proliferation of Starbucks successfully clouded my objectivity.

Russell Davies maintains a blog about coffee houses he goes to, called a good place for a cup of tea and a think. I read it religiously, because I go to as many as I can as well, and take photos and notice the people and surroundings and service, etc. But the following line made me really realize the difference here: Thinking back I think this might actually be coffee. (I was trying to stay awake.) But that's not the point. It was served with care and attention. That's the point. heh.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...