30 July 2007

Chromeooo


Chromeo
Originally uploaded by tokyohanna.
I was only halfway through track 3 on Chromeo's latest release, Fancy Footwork, before I ran to the design station to upload this photo and write. I don't know why some things take me so long, but better late than never? Get this album, guys. You will never stop dancing. The Fader put it well with "Gold-plated basslines and rhinestone-studded synths." I am now heartbroken that I missed them at Hiro a couple of weeks ago.

The tiniest snippet of background: Chromeo is two guys - friends since childhood. One is in Montreal, the other is in NYC getting his PhD in French Literature @ Columbia. One is Jewish, the other Arab: Chromeo seems to serve as a great example of music uniting people.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...