22 May 2011

The Craft

A series of events last week* reminded me of The Craft, and this weekend I re-watched it for the first time in over 10 years. I've been in the throes of middle and high school regression lately (with things like My So-Called Life and the Lost Highway soundtrack), so I was already in the mood for the clothing and music in the movie. The soundtrack is fantastic; I remember going on vacation with my parents that summer and only listening to that CD, over and over.

If you haven't seen it, The Craft is a pretty campy movie about four high schoolers who form a coven and cast spells on other people. The girls are played by Robin Tunney, Fairuza Balk, Neve Campbell and Rachel True. What ever happened to all of them? Somehow I remember exactly what I wore to the movie theatre for this one - a Hole t-shirt (borrowed from my friend Krys) with a black skirt and Dr. Marten boots. Holy 90s.

Opening scene

"They're witches."

Ha, a NOOSE?
See? Campy.

Pencil balance
I remember trying to balance my pencil on my desk for days afterward. Never worked, surprise.

Becoming sisters

Becoming sisters, I think

Ahhh Skeet Ulrich!

Light as a feather stiff as a board

Invoking the spirit

Fairuza does crazy well.

*Upon seeing the album cover of Lady Gaga's new album, I thought of Wheelers from Return to Oz. They were these (creepy as hell) steampunk looking guys with wheels for hands and feet. That made me think of the one and only Fairuza Balk, who starred as Dorothy in the movie, and has a lead role in The Craft.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...