10 October 2012

Project 366: September

Fall is my very favorite season, and it's here! That means it's time to reflect on September. It looked like this --

Project 366: September

I saw much more art than usual, which I owe to proactive parents and Laura. When left to my own devices - even though one of my greatest loves is art, and I am a member of the MoMA - I forget. Shame on me. My favorite picture from this month, incidentally --

259/366: balloons over brunch

259/366: balloons over brunch

15 September 2012

Laura and I met for brunch at Untitled., which is downstairs in the Whitney Museum (I had no idea the place was actually in the museum when I found it on 4sq). We ate under Kusama polka dotted balloons. I had a delicious burger and coffee. And Laura paid because of my recent birthday!

That was really an awesome day. The food was good, we talked about all sorts of things (as usual), and when we were ready to stand up and get in line for Fireflies, we saw our friend Justin waiting as well. We missed the cutoff, so wandered around the Yayoi Kusama retrospective together. The best word I can think for the her exhibit is prolific.

Other highlights: I saw Ghosts in the Machine at the New Museum - a wondrous, eclectic assortment of technology-related installations. Found my old Florent matchbooks and put them on my wall. My parents came up to visit for my 30th birthday (!). Walked through Chinatown on a bubble tea quest. Had a picnic in Greenpoint's new Transmitter Park. Bought the washi tape I'd been eyeing for 2 years. Went on a crazy interactive, heist scavenger hunt. Played pinball for the first time in quite a while (and had forgotten how much I love it). Saw Metric (with Lou Reed coming out to surprise us for the encore). Had an x-ray taken of my foot. Flew to Pensacola for Brandi and Robby's wedding. Flew to Richmond and took a road trip with Mr. T to a remote island off of North Carolina and saw a paper moon.

This was another one of those months where the photos all together don't say much to me, but a ton actually happened in September. Still not sure how that happens? All in all, a great month - thank you to everyone who played a part.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...