21 April 2006

raining


I guess it's evening, since it's twenty after seven pm, but the sun hasn't set yet, so it still feels like afternoon.

It's been gray and rainy all day. Most people hate days like these, and sometimse I do too because I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (I can just feel an ex boyfriend of mine rolling his eyes all the way in New York). But it's lovely when I have no music on and I can hear (and see) the James River from my apartment, hear the cars driving down the wet streets, hear the birds taking refuge in the trees. I'm eating a tart green apple, and just finished making some tea. I'll treat myself to biscotti, too.

I have piles of work in front of me, my desk lamp is on, and it's wonderful. The next two weeks will be quite sleepless, which is why I threw everything aside last night and went to bed at 10.30pm, to wake up at 9.30 this morning.

I keep glancing over at my piano.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...