29 April 2006

smart machine.

I never forgot something I learned in high school - there is no Chinese character for "computer" - it's communicated by putting together two already-existing characters : "smart" and "machine."

Well, the phrase came to mind just now when I was very creeped out by one of my sites. I recently registered on 43things.com to keep track of my goals. I just went to see my goals list, and a bunch of photographs that I had taken were lined down the side, but I hadn't put them there. I scrolled down and saw the flickr logo underneath them all. Somehow, my 43things account and my flickr account found each other and linked together. They are trying to consolidate all of my information into a nice little package for me.

What will happen next?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...