26 October 2007

pumpkin carving


10/25/2007
Originally uploaded by tokyohanna.
Sometimes I don't feel like an American at all. Last night I carved a pumpkin for the first time in my life. I don't know how that happened... maybe it wasn't huge in Puerto Rico when I was growing up? We did have Halloween though... no clue. I never did it in college either. There are a lot of American traditions or pop culture thingies that I absolutely didn't participate in, growing up. I haven't seen 90% of the 1980s movies that everybody quotes all the time (although I did fanatically watch Flight of the Navigator over and over for years). I just saw The Breakfast Club in 1999. I just saw High Fidelity this past summer. Name the movie and I probably have not seen it. Same with television shows (that one is even worse).

Anyway, it was definitely about time for this pumpkin thing. I did it at my apartment with my roommate and our mutual friend, Hobart.

10/25/2007

10/25/2007

I made one to match my mood.

Made a pumpkin to match my mood.

I toasted these with salt afterwards. Also something I had never done (or eaten).

We toasted these with salt afterwards

I'll take more photos when they're lit; they'll be on my Flickr photo stream.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...