09 August 2012

Project 366: June

Good grief, I have done it again. I had to go back eight pages in my Flickr account to start putting this one together. Time flies when you're having fun? Here's June --

Project 366: June

Things definitely happened – so continued my summer of traveling – but looking at these, I didn't get a swooping sweep of nostalgia like I sometimes do with the Project 366 mosaics. In any case, here's my favorite of the month:

157/366: New York.

157/366: New York.

5 June 2012

It's chilly in June, and there are puddles everywhere from the rains we had yesterday. I looked down while waiting for the light to cross the street, and saw a coffee cup lid and cigarette floating. It seemed perfect.

When I looked at the picture later on in the day, I noticed that the building across the street (my destination) turned up in the puddle's reflection as well. There is almost always a puddle in this exact spot, and I find myself looking at it frequently now, to see the rest of the neighborhood around me reflected in it. Looking up while looking down.

Some other things that happened in June: I started a Soviet 24-hour mechanical watch collection (I can say this because now I have two and intend to purchase more). I found a quiet, secret cavernous room in which to eat breakfast. I went to the New York City Ballet for the first time and was blown away by A Midsummer Night's Dream. Was gifted a Peter Sellers biography. Found a lip balm I'd been hunting all over drug stores for. Saw an icon I helped design clung to a window in Cleveland. Met a cute little dog named Spider. Saw Laura and Hobe sing dirty children's music with toy instruments. Started a weekly breakfast ritual with Leila. Went to San Jose again and did work by a swimming pool. Had In-N-Out again! Saw a friend's first solo photo show. Spent time with an old friend as he ran sound for a band.

See? Lots of stuff but somehow I blame my pictures for not capturing the energy well enough. See you very soon for July's recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...