06 June 2007

Bing Bang

Time for me to rave about Bing Bang, a jewelry company my friend Kevin heads up (he's the Director of Business Operations).


A few weeks ago I placed an order with him for a custom two-finger ring, and he gave me a call last night to let me know it was ready. It's perfect and I couldn't be happier.


I was having a little trouble describing the style of the jewelry; at first I wanted to say it mixed a vintage feel with an urban flair, but didn't think that did it enough justice. The web site says that it "mingles contemporary devices with the charm of curious objects and antiquities." Much better, I'd say. My favorite part is that the company's founder, Anna, studied blacksmithing, welding and fabrication at the Academy of Art in San Francisco - gives a good idea about the techniques they use and the subsequent quality of the pieces.

Bing Bang's clients range from Cameron Diaz to Giselle and Claudia Schiffer, and they have been covered in magazines like Vogue, W and i-D. They were also nominated for the 2007 Swarovski Accessories Award by the CFDA - here is a photo of Kevin with Diddy from the awards show two nights ago (they ended up wearing the same vintage Gucci jacket):


Here's one of my favorite pieces from one of Bing Bang's recent collaborations with Marc Jacobs (click for bigger):


You can find Bing Bang at Barneys. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff.

[writing this post made me feel like Heron.]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...